Saturday, September 5, 2009

First Post

Hi,

I'm starting this blog as a challenge from my friends - to start a blog before my next birthday.

What could I start a blog about? I already have a personal blog going!

So, I have decided to write about something that a) I'm interested in but not an expert in, b) Is somewhat interesting to general readers, b) Can benefit humankind, even if in a small way.

I've always been interested in what people can do to help this planet become and continue to be sustainable. How to keep nature beautiful.

Some may think that humans 'over consume' and thus consumerism is the root of all evil. Or that we're doomed to be short-sighted creatures and have no worries about the future's stake. Or one person's effort will not make stride. Or even perhaps the world will fix itself once the time comes around to do so. Whatever the belief is, we should have a duty of our own behaviour! So think twice before your chuck that KFC take-away box on the street!


Remember, I am no expert but I do hope to challenge the status quo.


I'm not sure what the theme of my homily today ought to be. Do I want to speak of the miracle of Our Lord's divine transformation? Not really, no. I don't want to talk about His divinity. I'd rather talk about His humanity. I mean, you know, how He lived His life, here on Earth. His *kindness*, His *tolerance*... Listen, here's what I think. I think that we can't go around... measuring our goodness by what we don't do. By what we deny ourselves, what we resist, and who we exclude. I think... we've got to measure goodness by what we *embrace*, what we create... and who we include. - Quote from the movie, Chocolat

No comments:

Post a Comment